Welcome in the New Year with a gardening resolution!
- Want to become a greener gardener? Begin at “Let It Rot” a composting workshop on January 12.
- Want to make sure that your pre-schooler develops a love of the natural world? Enroll them in the January 28 Sprouts class.
- Want to eat healthier? Learn how to grow and cook with all kinds of “Edible Sprouts” on January 20.
Winter Garden Tips
Anyone want to try keeping your poinsettias alive? To do so, stop feeding them after they bloom. In late March cut them back to 8” high to stimulate May growth. Your poinsettia needs indirect sun and regular watering, but do not let them sit in water.
Once night time temperatures are at least 55 degrees, the plant can be placed outdoors. Come May and thru fall, you’ll need to fertilize every other week. Come June, you’ll need to repot.
Keep the plant bushy by pinching and pruning, but after September 1, stop cutting it back. Good luck!
Announcement of New Position
The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum is seeking a Part Time Administrative Assistant. We are looking for an energetic, multi-tasking, detail-oriented individual to join our team.
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
- Customer service experience and expert Excel skills are required.
- Database management and some book keeping experience is a plus.
- 14 hours (2 days) per week. $15 per hour. Occasional weekend or evening hours.
Happy New Year to All
As the year draws to a close, we would like to wish all of you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Remember that all our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.
Our Retail Partners list continues to grow! Look under "Membership" and then "Discount Offers" on our website (or just click on the headline above).
Remember to bring your membership card when shopping.