Winter Weekend Photo Scavenger Hunts
Our Winter Weekend Photo Scavenger Hunts are quite popular. This month’s prize is a fancy mug with cocoa mix and other snacks. Wait until you see what we have planned for February!
Take a look at our Photo Gallery for one family's pictures from a recent hunt.
The library has some new books just in time for Presidents Day:
- “Thomas Jefferson’s Garden Book” by Edwin Betts is a detailed garden log filled with interesting details. President Jefferson was a total foodie and his obsession with vegetables is apparent.
- “A Rich Spot of Earth” by Peter Hatch, is a fascinating recounting of the man (Thomas Jefferson) and his garden.
- “Farmer George Plants a Nation” by Peggy Thomas is a simple but thoughtfully written tale accompanied by lovely colored drawings. Appropriate for children ages 9+.
- “First Peas to the Table” by Susan Grigsby tells the story of modern day students trying growing President Jefferson’s favorite vegetable. Appropriate for children ages 7+.
If you are interested in borrowing any of these, just email email@example.com by Thursday am and Lesley will have the book waiting for you this weekend. Remember, you must be a Member of The Friends to borrow books.
Trees in Winter
Did you get to read the recent New York Times featured this article on trees in winter? If not, here is a link:
Upcoming programs include:
- A free talk on Bonsai Forest Planting on 2/12 at 7pm with the Great Swamp Bonsai Society.
- A free talk “Seekers of Thistle” on 2/5 at 7:30pm with the North American Butterfly Association.
- A free panel discussion about african violets on 2/13 at 7pm with the African Violet Club of Morris County.
We suggest you register now for:
- Hummingbirds, 101 on Sunday, 3/10 – you can bring a child for free and start them enjoying a life-long hobby. Speaker Pat Sutton is an expert in the field with years of practical experience that she wants to share with you!
- On Sunday 3/17 we offer both Traditional Irish Foods with Cynthia Triolo and Paint It Black with Lesley Parness. One of them will feed your tummy and the other your brain!
- Limited space is available for the Bus Trip to the Philadelphia Flower Show! Register soon!
Remember that all our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.
Our Retail Partners list continues to grow! Look under "Membership" and then "Discount Offers" on our website (or just click on the headline above).
Remember to bring your membership card when shopping.