Membership - its rationale & benefits
Besides supporting all the entertaining and educational programs sponsored by The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum, your membership also includes the following benefits:
- Arboretum Leaves, our newsletter, 4 times per year.
- Borrowing privileges at the Arboretum\'s horticultural library.
- A yearly "plant dividend." The list of dividends to choose from are posted now on this year's Plant Sale page. Plant Dividends are distributed at the Members Only Preview Plant Sale on Friday, May 5 or at the Plant Sale on Saturday / Sunday May 6 & 7. Plant Dividends may also be picked up at the Haggerty Education Center from Monday, May 8 through Friday, May 12 between 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Reduced rates on educational programs.
- Special members-only programs and events, including the New Years Party.
- Support for an annual scholarship to Morris County Community College students in the Landscape Technology Program in honor of Benjamin C. Blackburn via participation in the annual Blackburn Scholarship Lecture.
- Advanced plant purchases before the general public at the Annual Plant Sale Members-only Preview and Sale.
- Family Membership includes the Members Only Gingerbread Preview Party.
- Your membership in The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum entitles you to participation in The American Horticultural Society\'s Reciprocal Admissions Program which offers free admission and/or additional benefits at nearly 300 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands. Click here for their on line directory of gardens or download their brochure by clicking here. Also, read this article by Sally Hemsen discussing just how valuable this benefit is.
- Enjoy discounts from our Retail Partners. New members will be mailed an informational packet that will contain a membership card that may be used at our Retail Partner locations.
- The satisfaction of supporting the activities of one of the finest horticultural parks in the northeast.
Need more reasons? Want to know what the different membership levels are all about? Click on the brochure at right.
Ready to join? You can do it any of three ways:
- Click on the brochure at right for an easily printable coupon that you can mail in,
- Stop by the Front Desk at the Arboretum and sign up in person,
- Call 973.326.7603, or
- Best of all, use the PayPal buttons below for fast, easy, on-line processing.
View Your Cart
Look at our PayPal Help Page.
Questions about Membership?
Questions about PayPal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also these related pages: