Busy Sunday at the Frelinghuysen
This Sunday’s busy here at The Frelinghuysen Arboretum.
- The FREE ADMISSION Bonsai Show is open from 9am-4pm and will delight you with its many artistic miniature trees. Do you have an overgrown bonsai? Bring it in for a quick pruning and diagnostic from the experts!
- The Potting Shed is open at Noon (if the weather is good – call the receptionist at 973-326-7601 to check) and we’re talking roses! Plus, we are taking cuttings of roses for your to root in your own garden - $5 per cutting.
- Then, at 2pm it’s time for a garden tour – the cost is $3 per person. Please bring cash!
- Make sure to take in the new HUB Camera Club exhibit in the Atrium gallery.
- Then, finish off your visit with a stop at Matilida’s Café for a hot drink, or a cool one and something sweet or savory! Check out their menu here.
Before you get your weeder out, think twice about the plants you are throwing away. Some of them are edible!
Learn which and how they can be enjoyed from Ellen Zachos at Backyard Foraging on June 13. A graduate of Harvard University, Ellen is an accomplished writer and teaches frequently at NYBG. Click here for an article about her.
Click on the image at right to register now and show Ellen some New Jersey hospitality!
And finally a reminder to all Members: Please sign up for the Annual Meeting on Sunday, June 14.
This year’s speaker is David Wheeler, Executive Director of Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey.
Register by clicking here.
Don't forget to "SMILE!"Amazon Smile, that is!
Amazon, through the AmazonSmile Foundation will contribute 0.5% of your purchases on Amazon to a charitable organization you select. Please consider selecting The Friends of the Frelinghuysen Arboretum as your designated recipient from this wonderful program.
Click here and log in to your amazon account to designate the Friends as your charity.
As a member of The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum you can enjoy discounts at our Retail Partners. Please show your Friends' membership card at time of purchase. Click here to see the up-to-date list of fine vendors.
Matilda's Café Open Through Fall
Matilda’s Café is now open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Fall from 10:00a to 5:00p. Why not stop by and enjoy a menu item?
Check out their spring menu on the Matilda's Café page.
All our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.