Gingerbread Volunteers - 2019
The Friends Need Your Help Making the 28th Annual Gingerbread Wonderland the best ever!
The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum will hold their 28th Annual Gingerbread Wonderland from Friday, December 6, 2019 through Sunday, December 15, 2018 and we could use your assistance!
The process this year differs somewhat from prior years in that we are using an outside service called Sign Up Genius to manage the volunteering process. So, the steps we ask you to take are:
1. Review the job descriptions for which we need volunteers
2019 GB VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- Decorate - Help put up the Haggerty Center Holiday Decorations.
- Burlap - Place burlap on the many tables that display the Gingerbread exhibits.
- Exhibitor Drop Off - Assist participants in placing their displays and fill out a small amount of paperwork.
- Member’s Hospitality - Help with set up, hospitality, activities, and clean up at Preview Party.
- Count - Track the number of guests and advise them of the rules.
- Monitor - Keep order in the exhibit hall, chat with guests and advise them of the rules. Assist with taking People’s Choice Votes if needed.
- Lobby - Guide visitors in the lobby during busy Gingerbread periods.
- Voting Table - Take People’s Choice Votes and assist with monitoring the exhibit hall.
- Craft Hospitality - Help craft show exhibitors with unloading and loading their wares.
- Exhibitor Pick Up - Help gingerbread exhibitors retrieve their entries.
- Remove Burlap - Roll up the burlap for the next year’s show.
- Remove Décor - Remove decorations from the lobby and auditorium mantle.
2. Go to the Sign Up Genius site
There you will select your desired jobs and dates.
When you submit your selections, you’ll be prompted for contact information and immediately be sent an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org for your selections. The information will also be sent to FOFA staff. Three days before your assignment, you will also be sent an email reminder.
Questions about volunteering? Contact the Friends staff at email@example.com.
So, when you are ready....
Note: All Volunteer positions at Gingerbread Wonderland require standing for several hours. Please dress in layers as the Exhibit Hall is kept cool to prevent the icing from melting! Please leave personal possessions in your car. All shifts allow for time to see the Exhibit and enjoy some refreshments.